Looking for fast shipping to the USA? Buy Our Adapters from Rogue Panda Designs
- Have you ever needed to move the bottle cage mounts on your bike?
- Have you ever thought that your cage mounts were in a stupid location?
- Perhaps you’ve got a small bike and can’t fit your favourite bottle in the cage without hitting the frame?
- Maybe you’d like to shift your bidon cage along your down tube to allow you to attach a battery or strap a spare tube to the frame?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, perhaps the Mount Skidmore bottle cage adapter will solve your problem.
The Mount Skidmore bottle cage adapter allows you to shift a bottle cage up to 5 cm (2 inches) either up or down along the mounting tube. It’s worked well for me. With two Mount Skidmore adaptors I was able to move my bottle cages to allow me to carry two large one-litre bottles on my Scott Scale 29er (size large). With the original mounting points I was only able to fit a 600mL bottle in the seat post bottle cage. A larger bottle would hit the top tube. The Mount Skidmore adapter allowed me to move the cage lower on the seat tube. Hey presto… A large bottle now fits! To give me better clearance with the cage mounted on the down tube I used a second Mount Skidmore adaptor to move this cage up the down tube a little. With these adjustments two large one-litre bottles now fit comfortably.
- Mounting holes 63.5 ±2mm apart (To suit standard bottle cage mounting points.)
- Material: 6061 aluminium
- Adapter (alone) weight: 23 grams
- Total (including all mounting accessories) weight: 38g
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 1.5 x 0.5cm
INCLUDED BOTTLE CAGE ADAPTER ACCESSORIES:
- 2x Aluminium Spacers
- 2x M5 x 10mm A2 / 304 stainless steel socket-head screws
- 4x M5 x 1mm stainless steel washers